Open Desk Service and Career Cabin - Online Chat and meetings
Now we are extending our service for even longer!
Our popular service for international talents continues online, every Wednesday starting now at 13.00 and on to 16.00. Please contact us through the Chat window on this page. You can also book online meetings through the link below.
We will constantly evaluate the situation and re-start the physical service as soon as possible. In parallel we are also looking into a digital solution and will update this page with more information as soon as possible.
please do MEET us on our chat, CONTACT US at the bottom right of this page.
If you are an international here to work, study or as an accompanying partner, do come and visit us. We can provide guidance and information to help you in the process of settling down into a new life in Gothenburg.
We can coach you about job and career-related matters, as well as guide about daily life here.
We can redirect you to the right authority, of course, but we do not handle authority related issues.
You may have questions like:
- How should I localise my CV and create my job opportunities?
- How do I widen my social and professional network?
- Questions about Swedish working culture.
- How to navigate better into the Swedish society and make the most of your stay in the region.
The service is provided in collaboration with advisors from EURES (European public employment services) in Gothenburg and the City of Gothenburg's office for labour market and adult education.
A warm welcome!
This Wednesday 13:00 - 14:30
digital Career CABIN
Book at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a group session where you will learn and meet others with similar needs as yours.
The group will accommodate a maximum of 5 participants.
At the session we will present around the following topics
- Career related matters, namely how you can localise your job search in Sweden,
- How to enhance your network in a digital way using LinkedIn
- You can also seek specific feedback about your CV and how to best work on it directly*
Please be ready to work on your LinkedIn profile, give others feedback, interact and work with your own documents.
Note: *In this case please share your CV in advance and be aware that feedback will be open within the group as this is a group session.
The workshop will include presentation, exercises, and Q&A.
- Thomas Engel, EURES Adviser from the Swedish Public Employment Service
- Lovisa Bohlin, International Talent Advisor from Move to Gothenburg
- Madalina Magnusson, International Talent Advisor from Move to Gothenburg
Get the most out of your CHAT
Before contacting our Open Desk service, consider exploring this website, in particular the sections on Moving to, Setting up, Living and Working, where you will find answers to many of your questions. You should also consider creating your own personal checklist of the practical things you'll need to take care by using our personal guide tool. From there we can provide you with more personalised advice and guidance.