Prepare your documents
When you arrive in Sweden, you and all the members of your family must have certain documents with you.
- A valid passport and ID card from your country of origin
- A valid work or residence permit
- A marriage or domestic partnership certificate for an accompanying partner
- A birth certificate for each accompanying child
Other documents you should consider bringing:
- Doctor or dentist files
- Academic transcripts
- Superannuation or pension documents
- Reference letters from former employees and landlords
- Proof or a letter showing that child benefits in your home country have ended
You may also like
Move your belongings to Sweden
Before moving to Sweden, it is important to know what you can and can’t bring into the country....
Top tips before you move
Here we have gathered top insider tips from local experts and internationals to help you before you move to Gothenburg a...
Getting to your destination
Gothenburg has good connections to Europe and the rest of the world by air, land and sea. If you are moving to a smaller...
Find a home
Finding a place to call home is an important part of settling into a new country. Here you will find information on the ...