Stacked documents

Prepare your documents

When you arrive in Sweden, you and all the members of your family must have certain documents with you.

  • A valid passport and ID card from your country of origin
  • A valid work or residence permit
  • A marriage or domestic partnership certificate for an accompanying partner
  • A birth certificate for each accompanying child


Other documents you should consider bringing:

  • Doctor or dentist files
  • Academic transcripts
  • Superannuation or pension documents
  • Reference letters from former employees and landlords
  • Proof or a letter showing that child benefits in your home country have ended